Death by opera! For those of you who took our Tuesday Trivia quiz, here are the answers to how the following composers met their untimely end.
1. Robert Schumann - Died from mercury poisoning as a complication of syphilis treatment
2. Jean-Baptiste Lully - Died when he smashed his foot with a pole while keeping rhythm and it got infected.
3. Charles-Valentin Alkan - Died when a bookcase fell on him
4. Alban Berg - Died from complications from an insect bite
5. Peter Tchaikovsky - Died from cholera after drinking unboiled water.
6. Henry Purcell - Died after getting sick in the cold after being locked out by his wife
7. Maurice Ravel - Died from complications after being whacked in the head while in a taxi
8. Ernest Chausson - Died by riding his bicycle into a wall
Thanks for taking our quiz! Oh, and a gentle reminder to please be careful out there.
~ Ling Chan