Within this blog, you will find all the posts that I had written during my time as Social Media Manager at Vancouver Opera. I communicated and promoted VO by setting up and then managing VO's blog, Facebook, Twitter, Flickr and Youtube accounts.
In writing content to increase brand awareness, site traffic and ultimately, to drive ticket sales, I came up with regular blog features such as:
* Operamania 101 - pop culture tie-ins to opera.
* Top 10 Fridays - a weekly poll engaging readers in a discussion on their preferences.
* Lunchtime Poll - a lunch hour poll to crowd source people's thoughts on a subject matter.
I was responsible for identifying new and innovative methods of engaging customers. Such initiatives included:
* Blogger Night at the Opera - a community outreach initiative inviting bloggers, who were opera newbies, to blog about the opera experience
* Opera Ninja - live-tweeting dress rehearsals in order to build excitement about upcoming productions
* Fan Night - fan appreciation nights with guest speakers, backstage tour and access to VIP lounge
* Smart Pics at the Opera - photobooth for patrons. Pictures would be emailed as a keepsake for attending the opera.
* Ask VO - online question form. Questions from readers would be then be directed to appropriate staff members for answering.
* QR Codes - exclusive access to photos, videos, interviews and ticket promotions for smartphone users.
I was also able to incorporate my love of photography into my job and came up with:
* Fashion at the Opera - capturing the young, hip and well dressed opera attendees. This reinforced the image of VO as a young, vibrant and innovative company, as well as, offer ideas on what to wear.
* Behind the Scenes - a backstage look at what is involved in bringing an opera to the stage.
I spent a wonderful 3.5 years at VO. I've worked alongside the most talented and creative people in the industry. I've gotten to know what it means to be passionate about working in the non-profit and performing arts sector. Unfortunately, due to a sudden and major company re-structure last month, my position, along with 12 others, were eliminated.
And so, here I am looking for my next great job!
If you're offering an exciting and dynamic opportunity and are looking for someone passionate, innovative and dedicated, please get in touch. We could be a great fit together!
For interviews or earned media that I had received through my work, check under the "Press" tab above or click here.
Happy reading and hope to hear from you soon!